SPRINGFIELD – In June the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) conducted compliance checks around the state and visited 71 businesses licensed to sell liquor. They cited 17 licensees for violations of liquor control laws. Seventy-six percent of the licensees visited complied with Illinois liquor laws and refused to serve underage customers.
This report is a result of ongoing undercover and cooperative law enforcement operations conducted by Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) agents and local law enforcement officials and volunteers from high schools and colleges. The teams randomly visit liquor stores, restaurants and bars in communities around the state to check for ongoing compliance with state laws mandating that no liquor is sold to minors under the age of 21. ILCC agents also work with local and state law enforcement agents to focus on communities with a high incidence of underage liquor sales.
Cicero – On June 5, 2012 the ILCC along with the Secretary of State Police conducted an underage compliance detail in Cicero. Of the 10 licensees checked, three sold to ILCC underage participants. Those licensees were:
• Supermercado La Chiquita, 4926 W. Cermak, Cicero
• El Porvenir Supermercado, 2336 S. Laramie, Cicero
• Papa Gallos Deli & Liquors, 1619 S. Laramie, Cicero
Lawrence and Richland Counties – On June 27th, 2012 the ILCC and the Illinois State Police District # 12 conducted underage alcohol compliance checks in Richland & Lawrence Counties. Of the 34 licensees checked, six sold alcohol to ILCC underage participants. Those licensees were:
• The Steak & Sandwich Shack, 1011 Jefferson, Lawrenceville
• Madd Maxx’s Pizza & Pub, Rte # 2 Box 59, Lawrenceville
• Hank’s, Rte # 2 Box 49, Lawrenceville
• Red Hill Veteran’s Community Club, 118 E. Olive, Bridgeport
• The Fireside, 215 S. Whittle, Olney
• TNT Stop, 552 N. Washington, Claremont
Montgomery County – On June 20th, 2012 the ILCC and the Illinois State Police District # 18 conducted underage alcohol compliance checks in Montgomery County. Of the 27 licensees checked, eight sold alcohol to ILCC underage participants. Those licensees were:
• Goose’s Bar, 107 North Ave, Panama
• Nu-Way Deli, 232 North Ave, Panama
• Chapp’s, 119 W. Edwards, Litchfield
• Chief’s 602 N. State, Litchfield
• West End Food Mart, Rte # 48, Raymond
• Boente Shell, Rte #48 & 127, Raymond
• Greentree Lounge, 316 E. Broad, Raymond
• Fred’s, 710 S. Front, Harvel
For information about the disposition of cases resulting from previous compliance checks, please visit the Illinois Liquor Control Commission's website.