$1.4 Million in Illinois FIRST Projects for Western Illinois
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 16, 2001
SPRINGFIELD -- Governor George H. Ryan announced today that he is releasing $1.422 million in Illinois FIRST funding for projects in Western Illinois, including $832,000 to the Meredosia Lake Drainage & Levee District to repair the Meredosia Lake Levee.
Flood conditions have destroyed dirt, rip rap and retaining plants leaving the levee damaged and covered with debris. Repairs to the levee will bring it into compliance with the US Army Corps of Engineers standards.
Other Illinois FIRST grants announced by Ryan:
- $175,000 to the Versailles Fire Protection District to purchase two new fire trucks.
This Illinois FIRST project was initiated by State Sen. Laura Kent Donahue, R-Quincy.
- $175,000 to the Manchester Volunteer Fire Department to purchase a new truck and equipment.
This project was initiated by State Rep. Richard P. Myers, R-Colchester.
- $100,000 to the Village of Carthage to construct a new water tower. The village is contributing $25,000.
This project was initiated by Donahue.
- $40,000 to the Historical & Genealogical Society of Cass County to purchase and renovate a building to house county records and historical items.
This project was initiated Donahue.
- $25,000 to each of the following Fire Protection Districts to purchase trucks and equipment:
Golden. The district is contributing $51,000.
Hamilton Fire Department. The department is contributing $10,000.
Payson Fall Creek. The district is contributing $125,000.
This project was initiated by State Rep. Art Tenhouse, R-Liberty.