Ryan: $5.5 Million in Illinois FIRST Projects for the Far Northwest Suburbs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 28, 2001
SPRINGFIELD -- Governor George H. Ryan announced today that he is releasing $5.54 million in Illinois FIRST funding for projects in the Far Northwest Suburbs, including $5,000,000 to the Fox River Water Reclamation District to construct gravity sewers, force mains and pumping stations for wastewater systems and improvements to potable water treatment and distribution facilities.
Other Illinois FIRST grants announced by Ryan:
- $325,000 to the Elgin Well Child Conference & Referral Service to renovate a facility, which will house the Greater Elgin Family Care Center. The corporation is contributing $611,000.
This project was initiated by State Rep. Patricia Reid Lindner, R-Aurora.
- $100,000 to Conley Outreach for the partial payment of a land purchase in western Kane County.
This project was initiated by Lindner.
- $50,000 to the Raue Center for the Arts to purchase concrete for the construction of a dressing room at the El Tovar Theatre.
This project was initiated by State Sen. Dick Klemm, R-Crystal Lake.
- $50,000 to the Elgin Symphony Orchestra Association to develop Intellitix, a new web-based ticketing and fundraising system.
This project was initiated by State Rep. Douglas L. Hoeft, R-Elgin.
- $10,000 to Senior Services Associates, Inc., to purchase and install computers and printers at its North Richmond Road facility.
- $5,000 to Turning Point, Inc., to repair and replace the roof on its facility. The corporation is contributing $65,420.