SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Illinois Department of Natural Resources’ 2008 wall calendar, produced in conjunction with OutdoorIllinois magazine, once again will be available in the December issue of OI.
The traditional favorite among readers measures 17 by 11 inches and includes seasonal photography from Illinois’ great outdoors by OI photographer Adele Hodde. The calendar grids feature information on fishing and hunting seasons, activities in state parks, reminders about license/permit/grant application deadlines and much more.
Each month features a text-free image you’ll be tempted to save even after the calendar becomes history. Included in the 2008 lineup:
• JANUARY: frosty prairie grasses at Weldon Springs State Recreation Area.
• FEBRUARY: bald eagle at Pere Marquette State Park.
• MARCH: barred owl at Sand Prairie Scrub Oak Nature Preserve.
• APRIL: Dutchman’s breeches at Walnut Point State Park.
• MAY: blue damselflies at Ten Mile Creek State Fish and Wildlife Area.
• JUNE: six-lined racerunner at Sand Ridge State Forest.
• JULY: honeybee in Sangamon County.
• AUGUST: rough blazing-star at Weldon Springs State Recreation Area.
• SEPTEMBER: wood duck and red-eared sliders at Stephen A. Forbes State Recreation Area.
• OCTOBER: red maple at Stephen A. Forbes State Recreation Area.
• NOVEMBER: white-tailed deer doe at Shabbona Lake State Recreation Area.
• DECEMBER: eastern wild turkey at Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Recreation Area.
Single copies of the December issue, containing the 2008 wall calendar, are $3 and will be available after December 1 at the DNR Gift Shop at One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, or by calling (217) 782-7454 or sending a check or money order payable to OutdoorIllinois to Illinois Department of Natural Resources, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1271.
An even better value, especially as a gift for that outdoor enthusiast on your gift-giving list, is an annual subscription to OutdoorIllinois for $15 for a one-year (12 issues) subscription. Call 1-800-720-3249 or visit www.dnr.state.il.us/OI to subscribe. VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
OutdoorIllinois is an indispensable guide to Illinois’ natural, cultural and recreational resources.