SPRINGFIELD –– Illinois Department of Corrections Director (IDOC) Michael P. Randle welcomes newly appointed members of the Adult Advisory Board. The board advises IDOC concerning policy matters and programs for incarcerated persons and those on parole.
“I look forward to working with the members of the board to help move the department forward and reform the criminal justice system in the state of Illinois,” Director Randle said.
The Adult Advisory Board meets quarterly and consists of 13 members, including Director Randle and IDOC Assistant Director Deanne Benos. Governor Pat Quinn appointed the following members to the Adult Advisory Board on Tuesday:
• Wilder “Kendric” Berry (Chicago) – a wrongfully convicted man who spent more than eight years at IDOC; senior paralegal at Winston Strawn LLP; affiliated with the John Howard Association of Illinois and the Positive Anti-Crime Thrust.
• Shaena Fazal (Chicago) – director of the Long-Term Prisoner Policy Project for the John Howard Association of Illinois; former chair of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Committee on Corrections and Sentencing.
• James Gannon (Homewood) – current chairman of the Adult Advisory Board; deputy chief of police in the village of Homewood.
• William “Patrick” Hartshorn (Danville) – member of the Adult Advisory Board since 2002; sheriff of Vermillion County.
• Keith Lape (Jacksonville) – retired vice president of MacMurray College.
• Vernon Mercier (Decatur) – banking and trust industry professional.
• David Olson (Arlington Heights) – professor and chair of the Criminal Justice Department at Loyola University; former senior research scientist for the Illinois Criminal Justice Authority.
• Jesus Reyes (Lansing) – acting chief probation officer for the Circuit Court of Cook County.
• Angela Rudolph (Chicago) – program education officer for the Joyce Foundation; former special assistant to Mayor Richard M. Daley on Ex-Offender Reentry; former program director for the Juvenile Violence Initiative of Chicago Metropolis 2020.
• Donald Young (Ava) – 25 year veteran of IDOC; retired warden of Shawnee Correctional Center.
• Malcolm Young (Free Union, VA) – retired executive director of the John Howard Association of Illinois.