SPRINGFIELD – In March the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) conducted compliance checks around the state and visited 165 businesses licensed to sell liquor. They cited 20 licensees for violations of liquor control laws. Eighty-seven percent of the licensees visited complied with Illinois liquor laws and refused to serve underage customers.
This report is a result of ongoing undercover and cooperative law enforcement operations conducted by Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) agents and local law enforcement officials and volunteers from high schools and colleges. The teams randomly visit liquor stores, restaurants and bars in communities around the state to check for ongoing compliance with state laws mandating that no liquor is sold to minors under the age of 21. ILCC agents also work with local and state law enforcement agents to focus on communities with a high incidence of underage liquor sales.
Champaign County – On March 4th and 5th ILCC Special Agents participated in the enforcement plan at the University of Illinois located in Champaign and Urbana. It was the responsibility of the ILCC/ Illinois Department of Revenue agents to conduct alcohol underage compliance checks and enforce happy hour law violations in both communities.
Happy hour law violations were cited to the following liquor establishments during the two day assignment:
• Murphy’s Pub, 804 E. Green, Champaign
• Legend’s, 522 E. Green, Champaign
• Kam’s, 618 Daniel, Champaign
• Fire Haus, 708 6th Street, Champaign
• Station 211, 211 E. Green, Champaign
There were 112 licensees checked for Alcohol Underage Sale Compliance. The below licensees were issued violations for selling alcohol to ILCC underage participants:
• Miko’s Restaurant, 407 W. University
• Rose Bowl Tavern, 106 N. Race
• The Iron Horse, 120 S. Race
• Super Pantry # 20, 507 W. University
• Schnuck’s Express # 620, 306 E. Main
• CVS/Pharmacy # 8667, 1818 S. Philo Rd
• County Market # 468, 220 N. Broadway
• Home Run Food Mart, 1509 E. Washington
• Piccadilly Beverage Shop-MAI, 306 W. Main
• Circle K # 1312, 1605 N. Cunningham
• Milo’s, 2870 S. Philo Rd.
• Schnuck’s Express # 607, 101 N. Mattis
• Office II, 302 Country Fair Dr.
• Mas Amigos Mexican Restaurant, 40 E. Springfield Ave.
• Dos Reales Mexican Restaurant, 1407 N. Prospect
Peoria – On March 19th, ILCC Special Agents and the Illinois State Police District 8 conducted alcohol underage compliance checks and happy hour law violations checks during the ISHA Basketball Tournament in the Peoria area. Of the 16 compliance checks 1 licensee was in violation for selling alcohol to ILCC underage participants. That licensee was:
• Applebee’s Neighborhood Bar, 3929 W. War Memorial Dr., Peoria
Four licensees were in violation of happy hour laws. Those in violation were:
• Sunset Lanes, 3000 Court St. Pekin
• McCritter’s, 2801 Court St. Pekin
• Landmark Lanes, 3225 N. Dries Lane, Peoria
• Peoria Theatre, 5225 Dries Lane, Peoria
St Clair and Madison Counties: On March 25th, 2010 ILCC Special Agents and the Illinois State Police District 11 conducted underage alcohol compliance checks in St. Clair and Madison Counties. Of the 17 compliance checks three licensees were in violation for selling alcohol to ILCC underage participants. Those licensees were:
• Perez Cantina, 5903 Collinsville RD., Fairmont City
• Quick Stop Gas LLC, 8407 Collinsville RD, Collinsville
• Trading Post, 8907 Collinsville RD, Collinsville
White, Edwards, and Wabash Counties – On March 25th, ILCC Special Agents and the Illinois State Police District 19 conducted underage alcohol compliance checks in White, Edwards, and Wabash Counties. Of the 20 compliance checks completed 5 licensees were in violation of selling alcohol to ILCC underage participants. Those licensees were:
• Danny’s Pool Room, 119 E. Main St, Carmi
• Ritz Tavern, 117 E. Main St, Carmi
• Windsor Oaks, 2200 South Court, Grayville
• CVS Pharmacy # 86887, 915 N. Market, Mt Carmel
• Wagon Wheel Discount Liquors, 910 N. Market, Mt Carmel
For information about the disposition of cases resulting from previous compliance checks, please visit the Illinois Liquor Control Commission's website.