SPRINGFIELD – In June the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) conducted compliance checks around the state and visited 66 businesses licensed to sell liquor. They cited 16 licensees for violations of liquor control laws. Seventy-five percent of the licensees visited complied with Illinois liquor laws and refused to serve underage customers.
This report is a result of ongoing undercover and cooperative law enforcement operations conducted by Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) agents and local law enforcement officials and volunteers from high schools and colleges. The teams randomly visit liquor stores, restaurants and bars in communities around the state to check for ongoing compliance with state laws mandating that no liquor is sold to minors under the age of 21. ILCC agents also work with local and state law enforcement agents to focus on communities with a high incidence of underage liquor sales.
Cook County – On June 30th, 2011 ILCC Special Agents and the Illinois Secretary of State Police conducted alcohol underage compliance checks in Southern Cook County, of the seven licensees checked four licensees sold alcohol to ILCC underage participants. Those licensees were:
• Glenwood Minuteman CITGO, 18659 S. Halsted, Glenwood
• Delta Sonic Car Wash, 186225 S. Halsted, Glenwood
• Verges Eagle Liquor, 1704 Chicago Rd., Chicago Heights
• Heights Food Mart, 1657 Chicago Rd., Chicago Heights
Effingham & Shelby Counties – On June 3rd 2011 ILCC Special Agents and the Illinois State Police District 12 conducted alcohol underage compliance checks in Effingham & Shelby Counties, of the 23 licensee’s checked four served alcohol to ILCC underage participants. Those licensees were:
• Blue Mound Tavern, 483 E Hwy. 40, Altamont
• The Last Stand, 104 N. Main, Sigel
• A-1 Food Mart, 101 W. Fayette, Effingham
• B & R Beverage Connection, 100 E. Fayette, Effingham
Sangamon County – On June 20, 2011, an ILCC Special Agent assisted by ISP District # 9 conducted an Underage Compliance Check at 10 businesses in Sangamon County. Four of the targeted businesses failed. The licensees that failed were:
• Five Star Liquor & Tobacco, 1249 Toronto Rd., Springfield
• Higgyk’s, 2256 N. Grand Ave., Grandview
• Bob & Rita’s Corner, 933 N. Grand Ave. W., Springfield
• Hooters of Springfield 3241 Horizon Dr., Springfield
Washington County – On June 16, 2011, an ILCC Special Agent assisted by ISP District # 13 conducted an Underage Compliance Check at 26 businesses in Washington County. Four of the targeted businesses failed. The licensees that failed were:
• White House Tavern, 329 W. Broadway Street, DuBois
• El Indio Mexican Restaurant, 1620 S. Mill Street, Nashville
• Gas Mart, 150 N. Mill Street, Nashville
• Driftwood Inn, 4439 State Rt. 177, Okawville
For information about the disposition of cases resulting from previous compliance checks, please visit the Illinois Liquor Control Commission's website.