CHICAGO – The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Office of Tourism (DCEO/IOT) today announced a new free mobile travel application is now available for Android smart phones to help visitors get around the state. The Enjoy Illinois travel app, which first launched to iPhone users in August, is the state’s official mobile travel and lifestyle guide for travelers to and throughout Illinois. The Enjoy Illinois app gives users access to more than 10,000 statewide listings including attractions, dining, accommodations, events, deals and more. Great for planning ahead or travelers on the go, Enjoy Illinois is a pocket tour guide for discovering every magnificent mile in Illinois.
“By now offering the Enjoy Illinois app to Android users, we are providing even more travelers the opportunity to use their smart phones to best explore the great state of Illinois,” said DCEO Director Warren Ribley. “Thousands of travelers have already downloaded the Enjoy Illinois travel app on their iPhones since August, and we are very pleased to now offer the app to Android users to assist them in making the most out of their time here in Illinois.”
The Android app, like its predecessor, features:
• Near Me Navigation: Utilizes location-based/GPS searches to view attractions nearby and filter listings by interest;
• Browse by Interest: Organizes the listings by category so users can view attractions based on interests, such as Accommodations, Arts & Culture, Attractions, Dining and Nightlife;
• Browse by Region: Enables exploration of listings by each of Illinois’ four regions;
• My Trips feature: Allows user to create a custom itinerary list to share via social media (Twitter, Facebook) or by email;
• Top Spots: Offers users an editorialized list of attractions;
• Events: Provides easy access to and information on hundreds of statewide festival and event listings;
• Deals: The Deals feature offers a listing of timely and cost-saving deals throughout Illinois.
“Traveling the Land of Lincoln has never been easier with the addition of the Enjoy Illinois app,” said Illinois Office of Tourism Deputy Director Jan Kostner. “The new Enjoy Illinois app for Android smart phones will allow even more visitors to access information on thousands of destinations and offerings statewide at their convenience and when they need it most.”
Developed by JWT Chicago in partnership with Evanston, Illinois-based SIM Partners (simpartners.com), the app is available on all Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPod, iPod Touch), and now for download in the Android market. Consumers can download the app by visiting the Illinois Office of Tourism Web site, enjoyillinois.com, where they can access a QR code for users to download if viewing from a computer, and a link to download if viewing by a mobile device.
For more information on travel opportunities throughout Illinois, visit enjoyillinois.com.