OAK BROOK – November 10, 2012. Governor Pat Quinn Friday announced the winners of the 2012 Illinois Governor’s Sustainability Awards, which recognize college campuses and businesses throughout Illinois that demonstrate a strong commitment to improving the environment through sustainable practices. Since 1987, the awards have been administered on behalf of the Governor by the Illinois Sustainable Technology Center (ISTC) at the University of Illinois, a leader in environmental and energy research. This is the first year campuses have been considered for an award.
“Investing in sustainability creates jobs, boosts our economy and is an investment in our future,” Governor Quinn said. “These awards foster innovation and encourage our universities and businesses to help us build a stronger, greener Illinois.”
The Governor’s Sustainability Awards are issued for excellence in environmental sustainability practices and continued improvement. Organizations have also been recognized for their efforts to implement green practices such as energy conservation and innovative sustainable technology use. The actions taken by these groups signify a step forward in environmentally friendly practices for Illinois.
For more information on the winners, please contact Deb Jacobson at 630-472-5019 and firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.istc.illinois.edu.
Governor’s 26th Annual Sustainability Awards Winners:
- Danville Area Community College
- DePaul University
- Elmhurst College
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Joliet Junior College
- Heartland Community College
- Kankakee Community College
- Lewis & Clark Community College
- Lewis University
- Lincoln Land Community College
- Moraine Valley Community College
- Northwestern University
- Northwestern College
- Roosevelt University
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Southwestern Illinois College
- Triton College
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Waubonsee Community College
- Wilbur Wright College
- Advocate Health Care
- Caterpillar Inc., Global R&D Headquarters
- CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
- Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
- City of Moline
- County of Will
- Farmland Foods, Inc.
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana
- Fluorecycle, Inc.
- Knauz Automotive Group
- The Label Printers L.P.
- Lawrence Foods, Inc.
- Naperville Park District
- Naval Station Great Lakes
- The Peterson Garden Project
- Quaker Foods & Snacks, Bridgeview Facility
- Testa Produce, Inc.
- Vaughan & Bushnell Mfg. Co.
- Village of Schaumburg
- Wight & Company